I was reading Second Wind by Tracy’s friend, midwife, mentor, Tina, and saw on her fiftieth post she wrote 50 things about herself. She mentioned it was an accepted and expected practice among bloggers.
This is my 100th post, but I’ll not post 100 things about me. I don’t think there are 100 things about me, but I’ll go for fifty!
They won’t be in order of importance except the first one. They are random thoughts I’ve come up with while sitting quietly, [at 4:35 am] pondering who I am, what I am, where I am, why I am.
1. I’m a child of God.
2. I’m the mother of five, healthy, grown children and the grandmother of five adorable angels.
3. I’m a Mormon. More precisely and correctly, I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
4. Yes, I do believe in revelation, angels, the Bible, and the Book of Mormon. I know prophets are on the earth. I know God and his Son, Jesus speak to man. More here.
5. I love to camp, hike, play games in a tent, sleep on an air mattress and eat food with ashes and even a little dirt in it. But only in July-August. Any other time of the year I wouldn’t think of eating food with dirt in it.
6. I’ve recently lost 18 pounds for, maybe, the tenth time in my life. Ugh.
7. I have food issues! Heck! I have lots of issues!
8. I hate cigarettes, alcohol, chew, porn, excuses for unhealthy lifestyles and swearing.
9. I’m right in the middle of nine children. Five from the top and five from the bottom.
10. I love my hair since daughter, Mikelle, has been cutting and highlighting it.
11. I love, love, love, my new bed.
12. I watch NCIS, The Good Wife, Ugly Betty, Law and Order, The Closer, Castle, Dr. Oz.
13. I hate watching the news. I get the weather from my friend Becky.
14. I love doing crafts. Just two nights ago I made an adorable ‘J-O-Y’ sign that someone will be getting for Christmas. I can’t wait!
15. I’m slowing learning how to upload photos on the computer. I love learning something new each day!
16. I love going to the temple. I went to a session yesterday and then did Initiatory. I specifically remember learning something new, but when I went to tell Yanine, I forgot what it was.
17. I love number games. I do at least 5 Sudoku or Mathduko games each day.
18. I love a little redheaded boy who says the funniest things. I finally understand most of what he says. I love his “love ya’s” and his hugs and holding his hand.
19. I hate when the Internet is down.
20. I love Bruce’s cereal. It’s a mixture of 8-9 whole grains and comes from Kitchen Kneads in Ogden. It’s wonderful as hot cereal. It’s great as leftovers in soup, salad, stir fry, pitas.
21. I want all my bills paid every. single. month!
22. I give most of the credit to my sister, Louise, that I grew up safe and almost sane. She took care of me most of my young life! She’s a great example to me.
23. Sometimes I hide if I don’t want to talk to people. Or I don’t answer the phone.
24. I have the best job in the world. It’s perfect for me. I give credit to Scott for it. When he was on his mission in Argentina he promised me if I paid my tithing I would find a good job. He was right.
25. I hate my basement. I heard on Oprah that our basements say everything about us. And I hate to admit that my basement is Me!
26. I don’t like Oprah anymore. She is fat and I think she should be thinner. She has a personal chef, personal trainers and her own pool, gym and access to everything healthy. I don’t like how she yells and talks all husky. What happened to her?
27. I wish I had a better relationship with hubby. I ache for a marriage like Steve and Terry. Or Ledah and Judd, or Mary and Clark. Or Troy and Lisa. Or Tam and Tom. Or Trace and Richard. Or Janet and John.
28. I’m more like my dad than my mom. And I don’t like that about me.
29. I looked just like my Grandma Smith yesterday when my hair was all wet and slicked back just before Mikelle started cutting it. I was embarrassed and wanted to put the towel back over my face.
30. I wish I had done more with my life.
31. I don’t mind having a zillion leaves on the front lawn even though I live next door to someone who has zero and mows her lawn every other day. The world is big enough for both of us.
32. I do adore my new shoes. [Keen Targhee and Voyager] They have made a world of difference with my torn knee. I’m hoping with the four things I’ve recently done to help my knee it won’t require surgery. [lost weight, new shoes, Glucosamine, Cortisone shots.]
33. I jumped out of a tree with an umbrella when I was about eight and jammed my jaw open. It has nothing to do with my hurt knee.
34. I love the view outside Scotts’ back sliding doors. I love ‘Sleeping Giant’, a childhood name for part of the Wind River mountain range.
35. I’ve always wanted to write a book. “Murder in Campground 23.”
36. When I meditate, I go in my mind to Green River Lakes.
37. I once got hypothermia going down the Green on an inner tube with Tammy and Tracy. I put a stick in between my teeth to keep from biting my tongue. [I bit the stick in half and it scared me.]
38. David and I started a fire in the upstairs closet when we were young. My dad came up the stairs and spanked me hard. David pretended to be asleep and didn’t get spanked. I’ve always resented him for that.
39. I wish I could/would let go of resentment!
40. I love to drive fast. With the seat belt securing on! And good tires.
41. One of my favorite things in the entire world is shoveling snow. Especially when the snow is dry and there is no wind.
42. I wrecked on my bike and the kickstand went up in my leg, leaving a torn muscle and a five-inch scar. I didn’t tell my parents until several weeks later because I thought I’d get in trouble.
43. I do love ice cream, but I tend to over do, so I avoid it all together.
44. I love seeing a shooting star, the moon coming up over the horizon, Orion and the Big Dipper. I saw a shooting star on the 19th of October [during a particularly drama/trauma time] and it was absolutely healing!
45. I can still touch the floor straight-kneed and flat-handed.
46. I’m not looking forward to being old. But I do enjoy simplicity and quiet and alone time. Sometimes.
47. I would rather listen to a book than read it. Oh, I don’t know if that’s true. I like to read a book that goes fast, but one that drags — forget it!
48. I don’t like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Too much food and too much money. They are all about ‘out of control’ for me.
49. I like AppleWorks 6 better than Word, but I’m learning to appreciate it.
50. I adore my children and pray for them every single day and night. I want happiness, peace, contentment, deep faith, and joy and laughter for each of them.
Now that I’m at 50, I realize I could have made it to 100, but I won’t.