OK. It feels like an entirely new lifetime for me. A new beginning. I can finally concentrate on all the things that are important to me. Clean slate. Here’s a list of the things I can hardly wait to do for me:
1. I want to study today’s Gospel Doctrine lesson before 1 p.m. I scanned over it last Sunday afternoon [Gee, that seems like a lifetime ago!] and I know it’s on the birthright blessing: the marriage covenant. It’s all about Isaac and Rebekah and Jacob and Leah and Rachel. I love this story in Genesis.
2. I want to clean my bedroom. Enough said.
3. I want to get caught up on laundry.
4. I want to clean out my car and find the sour smell under the driver’s seat.
5. I want to clean out the fridge. I’ve been eating tournament food for three days and want to get back to fresh fruits and veggies. I can hardly wait to eat some Bruce’s cereal with frozen raspberries and walnuts. Maybe a sprinkle of wheat germ and some flax. Oh. It’s Fast Sunday. Maybe later.
6. I want to soak in the tub and slather on some ‘smell-good.’
7. I want to find the clothes I bought at Eddie Bauers last Saturday in Park City with Scott and Andie and see if any of them still look cute. I remember shopping, paying for and carrying them in a bag to the car but haven’t seen them since. I remember they were on my bed one day but I haven’t made it all week so they may be lost.
8. I want to clean the bathroom. I’m so embarrassed that Mikelle and Logan [apparently] came for the weekend and saw the house the way it was. I left at 4:45 each morning and got home around 8 at night, so I didn’t actually see them, but I heard they were here!
9. I want to turn the clock back so that I can say Happy Birthday to brother Rob, son-in-law Richard and cousin Kathy on the 4th, 5th and 6th, respectfully, so I can be on time for their birthday well-wish.
10. I want to put the ink in my printer that I’ve had sitting here beside it for over a month.
11. I want to call my grandchildren.
12. I want to find out the details of our summer vacation. Scott texted “We’re booked and I feel good about it” last Tuesday or Wednesday but I’ve not had time to find out any more. I know it’s in Playa del Carmen on the Yucatan the second or third week in June, but that’s about all. Yippee for a Spanish-speaking son who takes care of details!
Today’s the Sabbath and I’m shooting for #1 and #6. Let the rest take care of itself for another couple days.